PUBLIC HEALTH PROTOCOLS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE AT THE CENTRE:
- Masks must be worn indoors while at the Centre. Masks must cover your
nose, mouth and chin.
- You may only remove your mask to eat or drink. Then you must put your
mask back on.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or 2 metres between individuals.
- Do not move or rearrange the chairs or tables as they have already been
physically spaced out to ensure physical distancing of participants.
- Handwashing is encouraged. Use of the hand sanitizers are available
throughout the building. You may bring your own if you wish.
- You must complete the Health Screening form to indicate that you have no
symptoms and are in good health to be at the Centre.
- If you have any symptoms or do not feel well, DO NOT come to the Centre.
- If you have travelled out of the country, please do not come to the Centre
for 2 weeks following your travel.
- If you live with anyone or have been in contact with someone who has
been diagnosed or suspected of being ill, please do not come to the Centre.
- Please bring your membership card with you to sign in. If you do not have a
membership, you can purchase one.
- Thank-you for your attention to the Public Health measures.
Lunch, Learn & Share Program
If you would be interested in playing badminton or board games, please send your name and phone number to the Centre at: [email protected]
We are looking for more players for these new programs. Maybe that is you! If you have a favourite board game, please include it in your email.
If you would like to include the Centre in your year end donations, you will receive a charitable tax receipt. You can send in a donation directly to the Centre by mail or you can use Canada Helps, under the Donate tab, on this website. An electronic donation receipt is automatically sent to you once your donation is completed. Thank-you for thinking of us at this time.
ISC Telephone Trivia and Talk Programs are available to anyone who would like to join us! Please read the information under the Programs tab. You can register by phone or email to participate. If you have a suggestion for a topic, please let us know.
If you are a member and require some assistance during the holidays, please call and leave your name, number and message on the voicemail.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centre is currently closed. We will re-open when we are advised by Public Health and the Province, according to their plans to restart all businesses and protect the safety and well-being of all residents.
Physical distancing, washing your hands before every program and wearing a mask will be mandatory when attending programs or visiting the Centre. There will be some changes as to how you can attend a program in order to keep everyone safe.
Pre-registration will be required for some programs that did not previously require registration in order to ensure physical distancing. Information is posted under the Programs tab and on the Daily schedule for any changes or requirements to specific programs.
Please continue to follow the recommendations of Public Health. Please stay safe.
Celebrating 60 years
The Islington Seniors’ Centre celebrates its 60th anniversary as a Seniors’ Centre this year! May 2020 marks 60 years of providing seniors with opportunities to socialize, share their talents and skills and become more active to maintain and improve overall health and wellbeing. The official name of the Centre is the Islington Centre—Etobicoke Senior Citizens to honour its location in Toronto. The Centre is known as the Islington Seniors’ Centre. We hope to be able to host an open house with refreshments later this year to celebrate this milestone.